WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you interact with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
Some cookies collect information about browsing behavior when you access this website with the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, services purchased and your journey around a website.
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- ALJUF or on behalf of ALJUF, and are necessary to let you make transactions on our website;
- Third parties who participate with us in marketing programs; and
- Third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of ALJUF.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
- Cookies are used for technical reasons to enable the efficient working of the website to:
- balance website traffic to ensure our customers receive a consistent and reliable service.
- limit traffic to key parts of the website in order to maintain performance levels.
- Ease Of Use
Cookies are used to enhance the ease of use of our website for customers. For example, to:
- Remember your language and geographical location.
- Keep track of customers’ account number when you have logged in.
- Remember your preferences.
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how visitors use our site, to:
- Gather feedback on customer satisfaction through our website survey.
- Gain insight into how visitors use the website so that we can make improvements to its usability.
Cookies are used to enable us to present appropriate messages to you, to:
- Allow our website to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes.
- Control invitations on the website for instant offers.
- Allow third parties to display appropriate advertising and to track its effectiveness.
- Display messages which offer a selection of services based on what you're viewing on the website, which are presented to you when you visit other selected websites.
- Please note though, that if you delete your cookie, we'll no longer know that you've opted out, so the banners from our third-party will reappear when you visit other selected websites.
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “privacy” tab.
- Select the appropriate setting.
- For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”.
- For Safari:
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
- For Opera 6.0 And Further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
For Microsoft Edge:
- Click on the actions menu (three dots top left hand corner).
- Select Settings.
- Click on View advanced settings.
- Click on the drop down arrow.
- Select ‘Block all Cookies’, ‘Block Only Third Party Cookies’ or Don’t Block Cookies’ as preferred.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making transactions on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you won’t be able to complete a transaction on our sites.